- MS, PhD in Computer Science (Note: PhD applications are only accepted for Fall admission)
- MS, PhD in Computer Engineering
- Fall-January 15th for aid, April 1st for all others
- Spring-November 1st for everyone
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2.75/4.0 required
- 3.5/4.0 major GPA preferred
- Minimum Test Requirements
- GRE General Test
- The GRE General Test is required for all applicants to our graduate Computer Science programs. This requirement is waived for Lehigh students with a 3.0 or better GPA and a major in Computer Science (B.A. or B.S.), Computer Science and Business, or Computer Engineering.
- New Format-75%
- Old Format-1200 combined Q&V, 3.5/6.0 AW
- GRE codes (Computer Science 0402, Computer Eng.1201)
- TOEFL (International students ONLY)
- iBT TOEFL
- 79 composite score
- 20 Writing, 20 Speaking, 20 Reading, 15 Listening
- TOEFL Codes (Computer Science & Computer Engineering 78)
- iBT TOEFL
- GRE General Test
The department offers three types of financial aid-research assistantships, teaching assistantships, and fellowships
All generally include a monthly stipend and tuition. Up to 20 hrs. per week of work assignments are associated with TA and RA positions. Fellowships require no service. Ph.D. applicants are given priority. Financial aid is merit-based, not need-based.
Submitting an Application
Applications must be done online by clicking on the following link: Online Application
CSE Graduate Coordinator
19 Memorial Drive West
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Applications require the following materials:
- Application Fee: US $75 which cannot be waived for any reason.
- Data Sheet: asks for personal data, proposed program info., test data, educational background, and work experience.
- Transcripts: Must be uploaded to application. If admitted, official transcripts are required and must be received in sealed envelopes.
- Letters of Recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. If you are currently in school, letters from academic advisors and other professors are preferred. If you are currently in industry, letters from employers are acceptable. All letters should be submitted through the online application process.
- Test scores: official test scores sent from ETS to Lehigh. Scores must be current and valid. TOEFL scores expire after 2 years and expired scores WILL NOT be accepted. GRE test scores expire after 5 years.
- Essay/Statement of Purpose: a brief statement of career and research objectives. Essays should articulate clearly your experience and goals. Half a page to two pages is sufficient.
- Supplemental Information: applicants should also include a resume or CV, current research or creative work, list of published works, and extracurricular activities.
Incomplete or late applications will not be processed or reviewed. This includes applications without the $75 application fee which CANNOT be waived for any reason. All communication will be done via e-mail, so please provide one current e-mail address. Decisions for Fall semester will be announced starting in April. Decisions for the Spring semester will be announced mid-November.
Offers of admission may be deferred for up to one full academic year.
Tuition rates for the 2015-2016 academic year are $1380/credit. All full-time students and International students required to take 9 credits each semester to maintain full-time status. International students who are admitted without financial aid will be required to submit an affidavit of support in the amount of roughly $30,000 which includes tuition, living expenses, insurance, and other fees for one year before any visa documents will be issued.