Recently Accepted Conference/Workshop Papers
- X. Guo, C. Shi, B. Liu, H. Liu, Y. Chen, M. Chuah, "WiFi-Enabled Smart Human Dynamics Monitoring",
to appear ACM Sensys, Oct, 2017
- Q. Xue, M. Chuah, "Incentivising High Quality Clinical Data for
Disease Prediction", IEEE/ACM CHASE, July, 2017.
- X. Li, M. Chuah, S. Bhattacharya, "UAV assisted Smart Parking
Solution", IEEE International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems,
- J. Peng, M. Chuah, W. Liu, "Revealing Unidentifiable Attacks in
Power Systems Using Angle Modulated Particle Swarm Optimization and
Dormant Measurement Techniques", IEEE MSCPES Workshop, 2017.
- H. Yang, L. Cheng, M. Chuah, "Modeling DNP3 Traffic Characteristics
of Field Devices in SCADA Systems of the Smart Grid", IEEE MSCPES Workshop 2017
- X. Li, Q. Xue, M. Chuah, "Cloud
Assisted Scalable Hierarchical Encrypted
Image Retrieval System", IEEE
- H. Yang, L. Cheng, M. Chuah,
"Detecting Peer-to-peer Botnets in SCADA
Systems", IEEE Globecom Cyber-Physical
Smart Grid Security and Resilience
(SGSR)Workshop, Dec, 2016
- H. Yang, L. Cheng, M. Chuah,
"Evaluation of Utility-Privacy Trade-Offs
of Data Manipulation Techniques for Smart
Metering", IEEE International Workshop on
Cyber Physical Systems Security
(CPS-Sec),colocated with IEEE Conference
on Communications and Network Security
(CNS), Oct, 2016.
- D. Li, T. Salonidis, N. V. Desai, M.
Edge-Mediated Adaptive Deep Learning for
Mobile Object Recognition", to appear in
1st IEEE/ACM Symposium on Edge
Computing (SEC), Oct, 2016
- Q. Xue, M. Chuah, Y. Chen, "Privacy
Preserving Disease Treatment &
Complication Prediction System", AsiaCCS,
- Q. Xue, M. Chuah, "Cuckoo-Filter
Based Privacy-Aware Search Over Encrypted
Cloud", to appear IEEE MSN, Dec, 2015.
- D. Li, M. Chuah, "A Novel
Unsupervised 2-Stage k-NN Re-ranking
algorithm for image retrieval", to appear
IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia
(ISM) Dec, 2015.
- W. Li, L. Wen, M. Chuah, S. Lyu,
"Category-blind Human Action Recognition:
A practical recognition system", accepted
IEEE ICCV, Dec, 2015.
- L. Tian, M. Chuah, E. Cappellini, "A
Hybrid Solution for Monitoring
Conversational Skills for Children with
Special Needs", Wireless Health, Oct,
- K. Sedzro, M. Chuah, A. Lamadrid,
"Impact of Dynamic Pricing Scheme on
Generation Cost in the Electricity Retail
Market", NAPS, Oct, 2015.
- Y. Ren, C. Wang, Y. Chen, M. Chuah, J.
Yang, "Critical Segment Based Real-time
E-Signature for Securing Mobile
Transactions", IEEE Conference on
Communications and Network Security, Sept,
- K. Sedzro, M. Chuah, A. Lamadrid,
"Minimax: An incentive driven pricing scheme
in the electricity retail market", IEEE Workshop
on Modeling and Simulation of Cyber-Physical
Energy Systems, April, 2015.
- D. Li, M. Chuah, "EMOD: An efficient
on-device mobile visual search system", to
appear at ACM MMSys, March,2015.
- W. Li et al, "Online Visual Tracking
Using Temporally Coherent Part Clusters",
to appear in IEEE Winter Conference on
Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), Jan 2015.
- M. Chuah, D. Coombe, C. Garman, C.
Guerrero, J. Spletzer, "Lehigh Instrument
for Learning Interaction (LILI): An
interactive Robot to Aid Development of
Social Skills for Autistic Children", IEEE
REUNS Workshop (colocated with MASS), Oct, 2014.
- D. Li, M. Chuah, L. Tian, "Lehigh
Explorer Augmented Campus Tour", Demo, ACM
Mobisys 2014 Workshop on Mobile Augmented
Reality and Robotics-bsaed Technology
Systems, June, 2014
- D. Li, M. Chuah, "EMOVIS: An
efficient mobile visual search system for
landmark recognition", IEEE Mobile, Adhoc
Sensor Networks(MSN), Dec, 2013.
- D. Li, M. Chuah, "SCOM: A scalable
content centric network architecture with
mobility support", IEEE Mobile,
Ad Hoc Sensor Networks (MSN), Dec, 2013.
- Z. Qin, D. Li, M. Chuah, "Lehigh
Explorer: A Real Time Video Streaming
Application with Mobility Support for
content centric networks", to appear IEEE
Mobile Ad Hoc Sensor Networks (MSN), Dec,
- H. Liu, Y. Chen, M. Chuah, J. Yang, "Towards Self-Healing Smartgrid via Intelligent
Local Controller Switching under Jamming",
Best Paper RunnerUp Award,1st IEEE Conference on
Communications & Network Security, Oct,
- Y. Ren, Y. Chen, M. Chuah, J. Yang, "Smartphone
Based User Verification Leveraging Gait Recognition For
Mobile Healthcare Systems", IEEE SECON,
- X. Su, M. Chuah, G. Tan, "Smartphone Dual Defense Protection Framework: Detecting Malicious Applications in Android Markets", Proceedings of IEEE MSN,
- M. Chuah,M. DiBlasio "Smartphone Based Autism Social Alert
System", Proceedings of IEEE MSN, Dec, 2012
- Y. Mao, B. Sheng, M. Chuah, "Scalable Keyword-Based Data
Retrievals in Future Content-Centric Networks", IEEE MSN, Dec 2012
- Y. Ren, Y. Chen, M. Chuah, "Social Closeness Based Attack Detection
for Mobile Healthcare System", Proceedings of IEEE MASS,
- Y. Wang, M. Chuah, Y. Chen, "Incentive Driven Information Sharing
in Delay Tolerant Mobile Networks", Proceedings of IEEE Globecom, 2012.
- M. Chuah, G. Jakes, Z. Qin "WiFi TreasureHunt: A Mobile Social
Application for Staying Active Physically", poster, Ubicomp, 2012
- C.Qin, Q. Li, M. Chuah, "Unidentifiable Attacks in Electric Power
Systems", IEEE Cyber-Physical Systems, ICCPS, April, 2012.
- Z.Qin, X. Xiong, M. Chuah, "Lehigh Explorer: Android Application
Utilizing Content Centric Features", short paper, First GENI Research and Educational Experiment Workshop, March, 2012.
- M. Chuah, X. Xiong, "Secure Content-Centric Mobile Network" , IEEE Globecom, 2011
- Y. Ren, J.
Yang, M. Chuah, Y. Chen, "Mobile Phone Enabled Social Community
Extraction for Controlling of Disease Propagation in HealthCare",
short paper at IEEE MASS 2011, Lehigh CSE Technical Report, July 2010.
- M. Chuah, B. Herbst, D. Li, "Gateway Based Intentional Named Message Delivery Scheme for Disruption Tolerant Networks",
IEEE Milcom, Nov, 2011
- M. McCord, M. Chuah, "Spam Detection on Twitter Using Traditional
Classifiers", Autonomic and Trusted Computing Conference
(ACT), Sept, 2011.
- G. Fedynyshyn, M. Chuah, G. Tan, "Detection & Classification of Different Botnet C&C Channels", CSE Tech Report, April, 2011,accepted
at Autonomic and Trusted Computing Conference (ACT), Sept, 2011.
- M. Chuah, "Reliable Context-Aware SmartGrid Information Network", CSE
Tech Report, March, 2011.
- Y. Ren, M. Chuah, J. Yang, Y. Chen, "Distributed Spatio-Temporal Social Community Detection Leveraging Template Matching", IEEE Globecom,Dec
- M. Chuah, W. Hu, "Privacy-Aware Bed Tree Based Solution for Fuzzy
Multi-keyword Search over Encrypted Data", 2nd International Workshop
on Security and Privacy in Cloud Computing, June,2011
- M. Chuah, S. Sample, "Fitness Tour: A Mobile Application for
Combating Obesity" , ACM Mobile Health Workshop (co-located with Mobihoc), May
- M. Chuah, Y.Peng,
P. Hui, "Cooperative User Centric Information Dissemination
in Human Contact-Based Neteworks", IEEE 2nd International Workshop
on Peer to Peer Networking (colocated with IEEE ICPADS 2010), Dec, 2010
- M. Chuah, W.Chen, "Cooperative
Multichannel MAC for CRNs" , IEEE VTC, Sept, 2010.
- Y. Ren, M. Chuah, J.
Yang, Y. Chen, "Detecting Blackhole Attacks in DTNs through
Packet Exchange Recording", IEEE D-Span Workshop
(colocated with WoWMoM 2010), June, 2010
- Y. Ren, M. Chuah, J.
Yang, Y. Chen, "MUTON: detecting malicious nodes in disruption-tolerant
networks", IEEE WCNC 2010, April, 2010
- M. Chuah, S. Roy,
I. Stoev, "Secure Descriptive Message Dissemination in DTNs", ACM MobiOpp 2010, Feb, 2010
- M. Chuah, P. Yang, Y.
Xi, "How Mobility Models Affect the Design of Network Coding Schemes
for Disruption Tolerant Networks", 6th Workshop on Wireless Ad Hoc and
Sensor Networks, appear at WWASN 2009, June, 2009
- M. Chuah, P. Yang,
"Impact of Selective Dropping Attacks on Network Coding Performance in DTNs and
A Potential Mitigation Scheme" , International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks,
- M. Chuah,
"Social Network Aided Multicast Delivery Scheme for Human Contact-Based Networks" , Simplex 2009, Venice, Italy, June, 2009
- M. Chuah, A. Coman,
"Impact of Connectors and Communities on the Perforamnce of a DTN Publish/Subscribe System" , SP4SPNA 2009
(colcated with SocialCom) Aug, 2009
- S. Roy, M. Chuah, "Secure Data Retrieval Based on Ciphertext Policy Attribute-Based Encryption
(CP-ABE) System for the DTNs", Lehigh CSE Technical Report, May,
- R. Metzger, M. Chuah,
"DTN Jabber Proxy Design and Implementation", LU-CSE-08-003, also
Proceedings of ACM CHANTS Workshop, Sept, 2008.
- Y.Xi , M. Chuah,
"Performance Evaluation of Encounter-Based Multicast Routing Scheme for
DTNs", accepted as short paper for IEEE MASS Conference, Oct, 2008.
- P. Yang, M. Chuah,
"Efficient Interdomain Multicast Routing Scheme for
DTNs", LU-CSE-008-005, also appear at MSN 2008.
- M. Chuah, R. Metgzer
"Secure Data Retrieval System in DTNs", IEEE Milcom 2008.
- M. Chuah, R. Metgzer,
"Secure Opportunistic Data Retrieval in Challenged Environments", LU-CSE-08-001, also appear at MSN, Dec, 2008.
- M. Chuah, J. Han,
"Performance Evaluation of Information Retrieval Schemes for Multi-Attributes
Queries in DTNs", LU-CSE-08-002, also appear at IEEE Milcom 2008.
- Y. Xi, M. Chuah,
"Enhanced Delivery in DTNs using Advantaged Nodes with Directional
Antenna Capability", IEEE Milcom, Oct, 2007.
- M. Chuah, P. Yang
"Performance Evaluation of Content-Based Information Retrieval Schemes
for DTNs" , IEEE Milcom, Oct, 2007.
- Y. Xi, M. Chuah, K.
Chang, "Performance Evaluation of a Power Management Scheme for DTN", IEEE Qshine, Aug, 2007.
- M. Chuah, F.
Fu, "ECG Anomaly Detection via Time Series Analysis" , Proceedings of WISH, Aug/Sept, 2007.
- M. Chuah, P.
Yang, J. Han, "A Ferry-based Intrusion Detection Scheme for Sparsely
Connected Adhoc Networks" , First workshop on security for
emerging ubiquotous computing, Aug, 2007.
- Q. Ye, L. Cheng, M. Chuah, B.
Davison, "Shim: a scalable hierarchical interdomain multicast approach
for DTNs", Proceedings of IWCMC, Aug, 2007
- M. Chuah, P.
Yang, "Performance evaluations of various message ferrying scheduling
schemes with differentiated services" , IEEE CCNC, special session on
DTN, Jan, 2007
- M. Ganiz, W. Pottenger, S. Kanitkar, M. Chuah, "Detection of
Interdomain Routing Anomalies Based on Higher Order Path Analysis", to
appear as short paper at ICDM, 2006 (acceptance ratio < 20%)
- M. Chuah,F. Fu, "Performance Study of Robust Data Transfer
Protocol for VANETS" , Second International Conference on Mobile
AdHoc and Sensor Networks, (acceptance ratio 30%), Hong Kong, Dec, 2006.
- M. Chuah,P. Yang, "Node Density-Based Adaptive Routing Scheme for
Disruption Tolerant Networks" , IEEE Milcom, Oct, 2006.
- M. Chuah,W. Ma, "Integrated Buffer and Route Management in a DTN
with Message Ferry" , IEEE Milcom, Oct, 2006.
- M. Chuah,P. Yang, "Comparison of Two Intrusion Detection Schemes
for sparsely connected ad hoc networks" , Invited Paper, IEEE Milcom, Oct, 2006.
- M. Chuah,K. Huang, "Detecting Selective Dropping Attack in BGP",
2nd IEEE LCN Workshop on Network Security", Nov, 2006.
- P. Yang, M. Chuah,"Context Aware Multicast Routing Scheme for
DTNs" , ACM workshop PE-WASUN (acceptance ratio 30%), 2006.
- W. Scheirer, M. Chuah,"Syntax vs semantics: competing approaches
for dynamic network intrusion detection", invited paper at CISS 2006.
- W. Scheirer, M. Chuah,"Network Intrusion Detection with
Semantic-Aware Capability" , Proceedings of 2nd International Workshop on
Security in Systems and Networks (SSN), 2006.
- M. Chuah, V. Goel, B. Davison,"Mobility Management in DTN", Proceedings
of IEEE WCNC, 2006.
- Q. Ye, L. Cheng, M. Chuah, B. Davison, "On-Demand Situation-Aware
Multicasting in DTNs" , Proceedings of IEEE VTC, May, 2006
- M. Chuah, Y. Peng, B. Davison, L. Cheng, "Store-and-Forward Performance in
a DTN" , Proceedings of IEEE VTC, May, 2006
Conference Papers Before 2005
- D. Calin, S. Abraham, M. Chuah, "Performance of UMTS Code Sharing
algorithms in the presence of mixed web, email and FTP traffic" ,
IEEE PIMRC, 2005
- M. Chuah, Y. Peng, "Message Ferrying Scheme with differentiated
services" , Milcom, 2005
- M. Chuah, L. Cheng, B. Davison, Enhanced Disruption & Fault
Tolerant Bundle Delivery System (EDIFY) , IEEE Globecom, Nov, 2005
(cited by 31)
- M. Chuah, W. Ma, V. Goel,"Performance evaluation of distributed
packetscore", CSE Technical Report, 2005
- W. Ma, M. Chuah, "Comparisons of Interdomain Routing schemes for
Heterogeneous Adhoc Networks" , accepted as regular paper at WoWMoM 2005
(acceptance ratio 18/180=10%).
- R.Viswanathan, T. Li, M. Chuah, "Message Ferrying with Constrained
Scenarios" , accepted as a poster at WoWMoM, 2005 (cited 23 times)
Selected Journal Papers/Technical Reports
- 1. Y. Kim, W. Lau, M. Chuah, J. Chao, "PacketScore: A statistical-based overload control against DDoS attacks" , IEEE Infocom, 2004 (124 citations)
- 2. M. Chuah, W. Lau, Y. Kim, J. Chao, "Transient Performance of
PacketScore for Blocking DDOS attacks" , IEEE ICC,June, 2004 (cited
- 3. M. Chuah, T. Hu, W. Luo, "Airlink Enhancements to support MBMS in Release 99/4 UMTS networks" , IEEE
ICC, June, 2004
- 4. C. Saraydar, S.Abraham, M. Chuah, A. Sampath, "Impact of Rate Control on the capacity of Iub Link- Single Service Case", ICC 2003
- 5. C. Saraydar, S. Abraham, M. Chuah, "Impact of Rate Control on
the capacity of Iub Link- Mixed Service Case", WCNC 2003
- 6. G. Atkinson, S. Strickland, M. Chuah, "UMTS Packet Service
Infrastructure: Distributed is cheaper", Networks 2002
- 7. E. Hernandez-Valencia, M. Chuah, "UMTS Voice Delay Analysis",
- 8. A. Desimone, M. Chuah, O. Yue "Throughput performance of
transport-layer protocols over WLANs", Globecom, 1993 (231 citations)
- K. Sedzro, A. Lamadrid, M. Chuah,
"Generalized Minimax: A self-enforcing
pricing scheme for load aggregation",
IEEE Transaction on Smart Grid, to
appear, Aug, 2016
- 1. D. Li, M. Chuah, "Accurate Image
Retrieval with Unsupervised 2-Stage k-NN
Re-ranking", accepted to appear at
International Journal of Multimedia Data
Engineering and Management (IJMDEM),
- 1. H. Liu, Y. Chen, M. Chuah, J. Yang, H. Vincent
Poor, "Enabling Self-Healing Smartgrid Through Jamming
Resilient Local Controller Switching", IEEE Transaction on
Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC), accepted, Aug, 2015
- 2. Y. Ren, Y. Chen, M. Chuah, J.
Yang, "User Verification Leveraging Gait
Recognition for Smartphone Enabled Mobile
Healthcare Systems", to appear in IEEE
Transactions on Mobile Computing,
Vol 14, Issue 9, pp 1961-1974, 2015.
- 1. D. Li, M. Chuah, Z. Qin, "Design
and Evaluation of Real-time Video
Streaming Service with Mobility Support
for Content Centric Networks", to appear
at Adhoc & Sensor Wireless Networks
(AHSWN) Journal, accepted in Oct, 2014
- 1. Y. Wang, M. Chuah, Y. Chen,
"Incentive-Based Data Sharing in Delay
Tolerant Mobile Networks", IEEE
Transactions on Wireless Communications,
Vol 13, Issue 1, 2014.
- 2. Y. Ren, Y. Chen, M. Chuah, J.
Yang, "Social Community Extraction for
Disease Propagation Control Leveraging
Mobile Phones", Ad Hoc & Sensor
Wireless Networks(AHSWN), Vol 27, No 1-2,
pp 51-73, 2015.
- 1. Z. Qin, Q. Li, M. Chuah, "Defending Against Unidentifiable
Attacks in Electric Power Grids", IEEE Transactions on Parallel Distributed
Systems (TPDS), accepted in Sept, 2012.
- 1. J. Yang, Y. Ren, Y. Chen, M.
Chuah, "A Social Community Based Approach for Reducing the Propagation
of Infectious Diseases in Healthcare" , poster paper,
ACM SigMobile Moble Computing and Communication Review (MC2R), 2010
- 2. Y. Ren, M.
Chuah, J. Yang, Y. Chen, "Detecting Wormhole Attacks in Delay
Tolerant Networks", IEEE Wireless Communication
- 1. P. Yang, M. Chuah, "Performance Evaluations of Data Centric Information Retrieval Schemes for
DTNs" , accepted, Special Issue on Content-Based
Distributions, Computer Networks, Aug, 2008
- 2. Y. Xi, M. Chuah, "An
Encounter Based Multicast Scheme for Disruption Tolerant Networks",
accepted, Computer Communications, Aug, 2008
- 3. Y.Xi, M. Chuah, K.
Chang, "Performance Evaluation of a Power Management Scheme for DTNs",
Special Issue, Mobile Networks & Applications, accepted in March,
- 4. M. Chuah, F. Fu, Y.
Peng, "Sensor-Based Medical Information System (SBMIS)", Special Issue
in International Journal of Smart Homes (IJSH), accepted in Jan,
- 1. M.
Chuah, P. Yang, "Performance Comparison of Two Interdomain Routing
Schemes for DTNs" , CSE Technical Report, 2007.
- 2. Y. Xi, M.
Chuah, "Encounter-Based Multicast Scheme for DTNs" , CSE Technical
- 3. M. Chuah, P.
Yang, "Context-Aware Multicast Routing Scheme for DTNs" , accepted at
International Journal on Adhoc and Ubiquitous Computing (IJAHUC), CSE Technical
- 4. M. Chuah, P.
Yang, "Node Density Based Adaptive Routing Scheme for DTN" ,
International Journal of Adhoc and Ubiquitous Computing, 2007.
- 5. M. Chuah, W. Ma "Integrated Buffer and Route Managemnt for DTNs", Special
Issue on Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks, Journal of Information Science
and Engineering (JISE)" , 2007
- 6. W. Scheirer, M. Chuah "Syntax vs Semantics: Competing
Approaches to Dynamic Network Intrusion Detection" ,
International Journal of Security and Networks, Vol 3, No 1 pp 24-35,
- 7. Y. Kim, W. Lau, M. Chuah, J. Chao "PacketScore: A statistical
packet filtering scheme against DDoS attacks" , IEEE Transaction on
Dependable and Secure Computing, April-June, 2006 (cited 26 times).
- 8. M. Chuah, Y. Peng,
B. Davison, L. Cheng, "Performance Comparison of Unicast Routing
Schemes for DTNs", Lehigh University CSE Technical Report, 2006.
Earlier than 2004
- 9. M. Chuah, K. Medepalli, S. Park, J. Wang, "QoS in IP-based Radio Access Networks", BLTJ, April 2002
- 10. M. Chuah, E. Hernandez-Valencia, "Mobile Virtual Private Networking",
BLTJ, Dec 1999
- 11. M. Chuah, S. Nanda, K. Rege, "Analytical Models for a Hybrid
Simulation of the CDMA Reverse Link", Advances in Performance Analysis,
Vol 1(2), 1998 pp 111-140
- 12. M. Chuah, S. Dravida, B. Doshi, R. Ejzak, S. Nanda, "Link layer
retransmission schemes for circuit-mode data over the CDMA physical
channel", Mobile Networks and Applications, vol 2, pp 195-211, 1997
- 13. M. Chuah, W. Wong, "A hybrid approach to address normalization",
IEEE Expert, Dec 1994
- 14. M. Chuah, "Analysis of Network of Queues via Projection
Technique", IEEE transaction on Automatic Control, pp 1588-1599, Vol 39
No. 8, August 1994
- 15. R. Cruz, M. Chuah, "A Minimax Approach to a Simple Routing
Problem", IEEE transaction on Automatic Control, pp 1424-1435, Vol 36
No 12, Dec, 1991